Monday, July 1, 2013

Post Adirondack blues...

Monday, June 24, 2013
Returning from the Adirondacks always puts me in an exercise funk.  This trip was particularly bad because I didn’t get me ‘climber’s high’ or any backbreaking, long-distance hikes that leave me spent for a couple of days.  Instead, I returned home wishing I’d done lots more and feeling depressed that I hadn’t.  Normally, I’d get on the bike and go for a long ride to relieve myself of the feeling, but I just couldn’t muster the ambition to do it.  Instead, I puttered in the yard, did some reading and went to bed early.  I can hardly afford these kinds of slips in motivation, but there it is.  I’m eight weeks from beginning Tour Ohio and need weeks of 200+ mile weeks on the bike.  I’ve always been good at cramming and that time is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment