Saturday, June 29, 2013

Traveling home...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I was up early as is usually the case when traveling, and had the French toast batter ready before the kids started moving.  They hoped to be home by 7 p.m. and with a planned stop in Cape Vincent to see my Uncle Bill and Aunt Eunice, that meant they needed to get their asses in gear.

I fed the crew and then wolfed down five pieces myself before putting the final touches on packing the car and driving out of Donnie’s place.  We made good time to Cape Vincent and managed a 2-hour visit and lunch, which was a great break for the pain I was continuing to suffer in my buttocks and down my leg when sitting in the car.  If there was any doubt that I needed to visit Nilesh and figure out what the cause of the pain was, it was gone now.
The remainder of the drive was basically freeway…and boring.  We arrived home around 7:30, but after emptying the car and putting up the camping gear, it was beyond any opportunity to exercise. 


I set the date to begin the biking portion of Tour Ohio as August 23rd in an effort to accommodate a couple of riders who will be joining me.  That leaves almost 8 weeks to get the cycling and hiking legs ready for what will easily be the toughest thing I have ever done.  I really don’t know what to expect and likely won’t have my answer until the third or fourth day on the cycling trail.  If I make it that far and still feel reasonably decent, I know I’ll make it the rest of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment