Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Planning is eating up a lot of time...

Monday, June 17, 2013
Planning for Tour Ohio is starting to take on a life of its own.  I met with my sister to talk about camping opportunities along the Lake Erie shore for the kayaking portion of the trip.  There are some state sites already, but as I told her, I felt there needed to be opportunities every 10 miles to accommodate all levels of paddlers if it was to become a permanent trail.  I had told the same thing to Andrea Irland last week.  I suggested to my sister that there had to be private clubs and maybe even individuals such as her and her husband Chuck, who lived on the Lake and believed in paddling recreation that might open their properties to the occasional paddler on some kind of pre-arranged schedule.  She agreed and was very willing to assist me as the time draws nearer.  More importantly, they both will help me finding the support I need to travel the waters safely.  I’d like to have a boat with me at all times to keep speed boats and jet skis from getting too close and swamping me with their wake or even running me over.  My plan is to stay close to shore, but safety is my first and greatest concern.  I ran out of time to get on the bike as a result and will have to redouble my efforts in the coming weeks to get my mileage up around 200 per week.  I may put aside the Survival Workout for a time and concentrate most of my effort on cycling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment