Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Welcome back, poison ivy...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

I woke up early and realized I had some itchy blistering on my left hand.  Poison ivy was back!  I hoped that I hadn’t touched myself in a dozen different places as I had last summer when it had ravaged my body from head to toe.  I didn’t think so, but the next few days would answer that question.

Holly had been weeding for a couple of hours and kindly left them in piles throughout the yard for the ‘weed fairy’.

“It’s so cool.  I pull weeds and just drop them.  I come back later and they’re gone,” she said.

“That is cool.  I think Mimi has a ‘weed fairy’ too,” I said.

Her piles didn’t include poison ivy I was pretty sure.  My sister from Kentucky was arriving around noon and I was in charge of the waffles…made from scratch, of course…but I figured I had time to be the ‘weed fairy’ and get the lawn done with a cleansing dip in pool to boot.  I made it with moments to spare.

Waffles with whipped cream, butter, strawberry sauce, and real maple syrup and some bacon for good measure make an excellent training meal.  I downed mine and then prepared for a ride with Kim.  We went for almost two hours, though I can’t honestly say that I’d worked off the entire meal.  I did my final dip for the day with the cycling clothes on - which is easier than washing them - before dinner.  For me, that amounted to little more than a smoothie.  I needed to get something good in my system.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  850.

No comments:

Post a Comment