Thursday, June 20, 2013

More work on the Tour Ohio cycling trail...

Thursday, June 13, 2013
I climbed in the car after work packed and ready to go.  I drove south to Portsmouth, Ohio on the Ohio River with the intention of picking up the Tour Ohio cycling trail where I’d left off two weeks earlier with Holly.  I’d been told by the Service Director of that city that I could use State Route 52, which appeared to be a 4-lane highway, to ride safely beyond the city limits heading west where I would pick up SR 125 for a ride through Shawnee State Forest. 

By the time I reached Portsmouth I was hungry and it was getting dark.  I stopped at a Bob Evans, ate and planned the next day’s drive.  I drove over the Scioto River on SR 52 and if the construction is done by the time I return on my bike, it should work as a connector route.  I ended up in Shawnee State Park around ten, rolled out of my car and into my sleeping bag for a night under a clear sky and thousands of twinkling stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment