Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A throbbing hip...

Monday, June 10, 2013
I tossed throughout the night trying to get comfortable with a hip that had other ideas.  It perplexes me that I’m having so much pain and discomfort simply from sitting in a kayak.  I could understand if I’d run, hiked, or cycled to this injury, but I was doing none of the above.  So…I’ll leave it up to the doctor to figure out what’s wrong.

I planned to meet Savannah at home and then travel to the park for a Survival Workout to be followed by some bleacher work.  I’d found that walking around during the day had loosened the hip somewhat, though it was still painful.  Walking up and down the bleachers was probably the wrong thing to do, but I didn’t want to tell Savannah I was a baby with a little hip pain.

When Savannah walked into the house, she noted that I was ready to go but began a quick backpedal.  “I’m REALLY tired.  I’m not so sure I want to work out tonight,” she said.

Normally, I’d have started giving her a load of shit but I was feeling much the same myself.  I decided the hip would give the rest of me the night off for recovery and see what tomorrow would bring.  Sometimes, I do the smart thing entirely by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment