Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More poison ivy and a great Survival Workout...

Saturday, June 15, 2013
I went to Mimi’s determined to work through her weeds without further exposure to poison ivy.  I think she has a little manufacturing plant for the stuff and the more I tried to avoid it, the more I found.  I put on a long-sleeved shirt which I tucked into my gloves, but stuck with shorts.  As I pulled weeds and dragged debris into the woods, I saw it everywhere.  I actually took hold of it in the gardens and discovered just how viney it was; pulling up long segments as it meandered through her flower beds.  She had some kind of itch-preventing spray, which I applied generously after washing up following my final load.  I’ll know by Monday whether I took enough precautionary measures.

I drove to the park where Savannah met me following my four hours of landscaping for a tough Survival Workout.  I’d been feeling so good lately that I decided it was time to tackle uphills with my karaoke runs.  My hip felt fine the entire time and I managed 25 different stations over the course of the hour workout.  By the time I returned home and showered, I was spent from the exercise and the time in the sun.  My workouts have been sporadic and I see more of that coming with the trip to New York next week.  With only 8 weeks until Tour Ohio, I have to be careful to make sure I’m ready.  I suppose to some degree, much of the conditioning will come from actually doing the tour.  What choice will I have?

Yard Work: Four hours.  Survival Workout: One Hour.
Training Heart Rate:  75 for yard work and 100-150 for SW.
Calories burned:  1400 for yard work and 600 for SW.

No comments:

Post a Comment