Wednesday, June 26, 2013

'Parks and Recreaton' is not about camping...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013
John came over for a ride, which I told him we’d keep to an hour.  Actually, that was my intent.

We headed out on my Waite Hill course, but I cut it short to accommodate the 1-hour time limit.  We rode slowly and talked about Tour Ohio and my theory that I could ride day in and day out if I just kept my speed and effort down…as we were doing.  I told him I didn’t really know any other way to prepare for back-to-back 100-mile days of riding when limited by time.  It worked for me before, though I was 18 at that time.

John tired climbing the last hill and when we pulled in the driveway and I said I thought it had taken a little more than an hour, he looked up from his GPS.

“We rode 90 minutes, you dork,” he said.

“No way.  Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.  Are you trying to kill me?” he said.

John is still recovering from back issues and the crash of 2011.  He really needs to take it easy and not be in the saddle for prolonged times.  I miscalculated badly.  Oh well…that’ll teach him not to crash anymore…or to trust me.

We had Italian sausage on the grill, which is a little on the fatty side.  At least I washed it down with a large smoothie and all while watching ‘Parks and Recreation’, a sit-com Savannah has been insisting I watch to replace reruns of ‘The Office’.  I must admit I’ve been interested in the series since I figured it must have something to do with the outdoors.  It did…loosely…and was extremely funny.  And yes…I’m hooked. 

Bike duration:  90 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1200.

No comments:

Post a Comment