Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Parking ticket dirty pool...

Sunday, June 16, 2013
It was Father’s Day and with the Indians at home, Savannah secured tickets to take me to the game.  Since we’d be having a family dinner following, I knew the morning would be my lone opportunity to get in a ride…so I took it.

It was cool and the roads were still a little wet from an early morning rain.  The forecast was for thunderstorms, which would threaten the game as well.  I rode with trepidation, but I needed to put in some miles.  I rode hard for the next two hours and arrived back with barely enough time to shower and make a smoothie for the ride to the game.  We drove down and parked on a side street near the stadium where we’d been parking for years and walked the short 10-minute distance to the stadium.  It turned out to be a perfect day for a game, with the sun mostly obscured by clouds but no rain to slow the play.  Corey Kluber pitched magnificently as the Indians won the game 2 to 0.  When we returned to the car to find a parking ticket, I, as were many others, were angry and frustrated.  People took pictures of their cars with tickets and that lack of signage designating the area as ‘no parking’.  I don’t quite understand the Cleveland Police in this instance.  There is nothing indicating you can’t park and fans have been using the area for years.  To suddenly harass them without warning…or signage…seems wrong and petty.  It is one more reason to not come downtown since parking is so expensive and we’d already spent $60 just to see the game.  What can you do?  I’m sure the department will be getting an earful from the many ticketed fans who felt unjustly handled, but I doubt they’ll get anywhere. 

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  850.

No comments:

Post a Comment