Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Solo Survival Workout...

Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Savannah was scheduled to meet me in the Metroparks for a Survival Workout, but by the time she remembered she was stranded at home without a car, I was already done with my first set of push-ups and ready to move on.  I went solo.

It turned out to be a very good workout again.  I included a couple of sprints and managed another 24 sets.  I’ll be missing workouts for the next several days as I will be traveling to New York, but I feel that as long as I manage two a week, I’ll be able to maintain much of the strength and conditioning I’ve achieved over the past several years with the workout.  I have reached the point that I’m not noticing progress, but simply maintaining what I’ve built…and that’s a good thing.  I can still sprint when I want to, play any sport without fear of injury, lift heavy things around my house and Mimi’s without throwing my back out and pretty much act like a conditioned 30-year old.  It’s a very good feeling and one I hope to keep for the next few decades, at least.  Since my son Jack likes to carry his sister around as part of his workout, I’ve also gotten a commitment from him to carry me part way up peaks I can’t quite manage when I reach that point.  I want to do as much as I can for as long as I can.  That’s all.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment