Thursday, July 23, 2015

Contemplation...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015
With more painting and staining, both at work and on the second job, I was again quite tired by the time I arrived home and began the serious contemplation of what I should or shouldn’t do.  There was leftovers calling from the refrigerator and it would be so nice to just warm them up, put the TV on, put my sore feet up and watch for a couple of hours.  It was fleeting, but it was a definite consideration.

I changed into my cycling gear, filled my water bottles and climbed aboard UB Express.  It was pushing seven and I didn’t want to take a two-hour ride and end up too close to dusk, so I took my 90-minute route.

I expected to still be feeling the 1172 bleacher steps from the day before and that would have been normal, but as the ride progressed, I realized I was feeling rather strong.  I started pushing harder and climbed my hills aggressively and out of the saddle.  By the time I arrived back at the park for the final miles of the ride, I was starting to think I was actually rounding into shape.  It is funny how quickly I can still do this, but I know the older I get, the tougher that will get.  Better to stay in shape all the time.  Like I didn’t already know that.

I’m moving ever closer to having the house ready to put on the market which invites the question ‘where will you live when it sells?’  It’s kind of important and I have given it considerable thought, but drawn no definitive conclusion.  I could do the obvious and simply buy a smaller home.  I could rent something, too and I’ve looked at that.  I’ve also looked around the 12-room house and wondered what I’ll do with all the stuff that has filled it.  Certainly I will need some of it, but I had been thinking I needed something with a particular square footage to accommodate these things.  It occurred to me that if I did that, my things were kind of owning me instead of the other way around.  I suppose that’s when I seriously began to have doubts about owning a home or even renting.  I’ve contemplated work and travel, considering buying a Toyota Tacoma with a cap and camping tent off the back, packing tools and recreational items like my kayak and bike, and heading for the open road.  I could store things I’ll need after I return, which is undetermined.  It’s worth some consideration and at a perfect time in my life.  I have no commitments to speak of and remain in good health.  The open road looks inviting in my mind…

Bike Workout: One hour and 50 minutes. 
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm biking.
Calories Burned: 1540.

No comments:

Post a Comment