Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lots of sweat. No exercise.

Friday, July 17, 2015
I had 15 volunteers coming to the farm to do various projects that I would supervise with the majority involving painting.  I’m quite particular about my painting and know that there is a definite skill involved that not all people possess.  I’ve seen the work done at the farm by volunteers in the past with the tell-tale colors of wall paint on ceilings, door frames, moldings and glass.  I decided therefore, to get in early and do the cutting myself.

Once they arrived, I put them in different areas and traveled around to help where I could.  The humidity was near 100 percent and the thermometer was pushing 90.  We worked hard all day and by quitting time I was bushed, but not done.  I drove to my deck staining job and worked there for four hours before finally calling it a day.  I was tired and hungry and again without the energy or time for a workout.  I was still recovering from yesterday’s efforts, as well and decided to leave it at that.  No point in pushing for an injury when the Adirondacks are two weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment