Sunday, July 26, 2015

No workout...

Friday, July 24, 2015
Once LuAnn said she couldn’t go, I started wracking my brain on possible alternative companions.  It occurred to me as I searched my brain that there were very few people, men or women, who were willing to sleep on the ground, contend with black bears and shit in a privy.  I’m not sure why exactly because I can’t seem to get enough of it, particularly the part about sleeping out and gazing at those big, beautiful skies, but it is rather inconvenient – just worth it to me.  I made some calls and sent out some texts trying to scramble someone up, but regardless, I’m going.
I received a text from the doc saying simply, ‘can you be at the Chardon office at 7:45 a.m. tomorrow morning?’  That’s a no-brainer and how amazing that he’ll fit me in before office hours.  I had emailed him of my continued plan to walk the Continental Divide and to write a story about it.  ‘You’ll get a chapter as the doctor who kept me healthy enough to complete the course provided you can figure out what the hell’s wrong with my foot.’  I’m sure the book chapter cinched the deal.
After another hard day at the farm, I came home and broke out my own paint to do the chimney.  It was much more work than I’d thought it would be.  I needed the step ladder on the roof and bricks to even it out for safer climbing and painting.  It went on slowly and took a couple of hours to complete the project.  By the time I was finished…I was finished! 
I’d managed a formal workout six days in a row…the longest stretch in a year…and with the foot bothering me as much as it was, elected to go inside, prop it up and call it a night.  I received word from Heidi that she was pretty sure she would put her kitty, Five, down and that she was quite torn and very upset.  I know this decision, having made it twice in my life, and though felt it was the best thing in both situations, completely sympathize with the process of deciding. 

I had a huge day lined up for Saturday, starting with a visit with a cortisone shot, and retired early.  I’d need the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment