Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tuesday, July 7, 2015
“John…we have no water pressure at the farm!”

These are not calls you like to get, particularly when you’re half an hour away, it’s a hot day, the horses need water and anyone you may need to call is unavailable to help.  Once at the farm, I quickly got on the line with our well expert and he assured me he’d be there by 3 p.m., or in an hour.  He was.  It turned out to be simple.  A urinal in the men’s room was running non-stop at a very high volume and pumping the well dry.  Shut it off and things were back to normal.

I drove from the farm to a pressure washing job with rain threatening.  I wasn’t too concerned about getting wet since I was spraying water all over at 3,000 psi, but when the skies opened up and the lightening was flashing, I must have looked a little foolish.  Well I am and the job needed to get done so I continued on.  It gave me the opportunity to see that there were gutters blocked on the home since a huge stream was overflowing one of them and landing directly on the deck I was power washing in preparation for staining.

I finished up and put my gear away, toweled off and changed into dry clothes before heading home for a dinner of salmon and coleslaw while watching another rerun of ‘Lost’.  Damn, John Locke surely looks like me.

I’d felt a couple of twinges in the groin area throughout the day and had determined that time off was still in the cards.  I did call John and schedule a ride for this weekend and having the goal of getting back to the Adirondacks in August will help me keep my eye on the ball and work my way back into an exercise routine.  Tomorrow night will present obstacles though as I have someone coming over to do brick work on the front of the house as I continue preparations to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment