Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pushing myself...

Monday, July 20, 2015
My volunteer group at the farm had gotten several painting jobs started, but none completed.  That’s okay since I love to paint, but I found myself on my feet all day, which is never good for my heel.  I went to my deck staining job from the farm and spent another several hours on my feet before climbing exhausted into my car for the trip home and some dinner. 

And, of course, the guilt began to creep into my brain.  I was driving within a stone’s throw of the Mayfield bleachers and I did have all the gear I needed in the car to do my workout.  I kept telling myself ‘you’re tired and did a whole day workout’ but in the end the need to be ready for the Adirondacks won out.

I put the pack on, grabbed my Nalgene bottle, which I filled at the drinking fountain, and climbed the first nine steps up that took me from field level up the beginning of the bleacher seats.  I set the water bottle down and began the first climb to the top.  I knew I’d have to break the 1015 total steps I’d taken on the previous workout, so that meant at least 24 trips to the top and back. 

My legs were shaking after 20 sets, but I pushed past 1000 towards…well…I wasn’t quite sure.  I walked up every aisle in the bleachers and there are seven.  If I stopped just after 24, I’d be in the middle of the bleachers and that just wouldn’t do so I pushed myself to complete the fourth cycle and ended up with 28 sets and 1,172 steps – an even number, LuAnn.

My legs have never trembled so much from a workout and it felt good.  I was getting closer to be ready though I was only carrying forty pounds in the pack and was contemplating making that heavier.  Probably not a good idea since my hip has felt good, which the additional weight could screw up.  For now, I’m satisfied.

Bleacher workout: 40 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned: 500

No comments:

Post a Comment