Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another party...another missed workout...


Saturday, December 22, 2012
I’d kind of commited to making a set of shelves for Heidi’s art studio and  shelf/drawer unit for her to store clothes in when she’d sent me some diagrams of what she needed this past September.  I knew that she’d wanted them for her birthday in October, but I didn’t have the time to do it then, but felt Christmas would be the time.  Well…I’d bought the wood and began workin gon them the previous weekend, but the router into the finger thing had put a damper on the progress.  I now had a couple of days left and so spent the entire day in the work shop cutting and shaping the pieces I’d need.  Things went well until I reached the drawer construction phase.  I make this kind of cabinetry just enough to know how, but never enough to get good…or quick.  I plugged along until I was completely out of time for working out since we had another Christmas party to attend.

The party had an excellent mix of bad and good food.  I stuck to good, choosing the salmon, spinich salad, and asparagus.  The only horsd’ovres I consumed were grapes and shrimp…how bad could that be?  When dessert was served, I had a small piece and called it a night.  I felt pretty good about my control, but I’d missed a workout and so the disappointment.  I know it’s only a few more days, but I can’t wait to get back to some kind of regimen.  Missing my workouts and eating poorly plays with my psychie in ways that are not good.  I’m strong though…I’m almost through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment