Thursday, December 13, 2012

I just never got the 'beer' thing...

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I made it back to the park for a Survival Workout...something about which I’ve been negligent over the pasta several weeks.  I was feeling reasonably healthy...the cold is lingering...but otherwise okay.  I decided with Kim and Savannah coming home soon and likely asking to do the workout with me, that I needed to blast myself a couple of times.

I started with 82 decline push-ups and felt pretty good about the effort.  I went on to do 21 different exercises, including some sprinting and uphill running.  I returned to the car arm weary, knowing it was a good start.

I wanted to put some time on the trainer afterwards, but needed to stop at Heinen’s to pick up some Christmas Ale from Great Lakes Brewing for my brother.  I was heading to his house for dinner and a birthday celebration and know how much he likes the stuff...which I find disgusting.  Since everyone in my family going back to the Paleolithic era enjoys beer, I can only think that my DNA got messed up and the beer thing passed me by.  I hate the smell mostly, but gag on the taste, too.  I suppose it’s okay, but sometimes I want to like it since it looks so good.  Anyway, I made my purchase but by the time I got home, I didn’t have enough time to ride AND be on time for dinner.  I’m hoping I’ll be able to fit a double in tomorrow.  I need one.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment