Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thirty-seven years and counting...


Thursday, December 20, 2012
I’m posting these quite late, but I’ve managed to do what so many of us do at this time of year…procrastinate.  It was my anniversary…something you cannot put off if you hope to have pleasant ones in the future, so I went to the park and did a quick Survival Workout.  Wisely, I stopped on the way home and picked up some flowers and a card and since I beat Holly home, was able to arrange them, write a note and put it all on her desk before she arrived. 

We went out to dinner at Austin’s Steak House where I had a paleo meal consisting of pork chops, broccoli and a salad.  We took in a movie afterwards…movies have always been our thing from our first date (The Exorcist) through our honeymoon (Scarface) to the present.  I found something slightly less disturbing; Barbara Steisand’s new movie ‘Guilt Trip’.

I’ve got a lot of calories coming my way over the next several days and will struggle with self-control and getting in my workouts.  Family and friends in town, last minutes shopping, and holiday parties are a must while exercise is a luxury…at least this time of year.  I have a plan for each day because without one I’d never get in my exercise fixes, but they need to remain flexible.  We’ll see how it goes.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment