Saturday, December 8, 2012

Spirit of America Boating Safety...


Thursday, December 6, 2012

It had been almost a week since my last Survival Workout and I was kind of missing it.  I managed to hit 80 inverted push-ups to start, so I knew it would be a good one if I was willing to challenge myself…and I was.  I went through a rough routine that included 21 different exercises and felt spent, but pumped at the conclusion.  I was hoping to get home with enough time to ride the trainer, but found that would be impossible if I was to be on time for my sister’s ‘Spirit of America’ Benefit dinner.  She has been the director of the boating safety program, Spirit of America, since its inception in 1995, but has recently become the CEO and owner of the non-profit business.  It is a wonderful program that works mostly with children in grades 6-8, teaching them water safety skills and the use of canoes, kayaks, jet skies, sail and jon boats.  I’ve worked for her as an instructor and love doing it.  To me, anything that gets kids outside and appreciating forms of recreation that will give them an appreciation of our natural resources AND help them stay fit is a win-win.  I particularly like introducing people to things they can enjoy for a lifetime…and this is one of those things.

Anyway, I had another large serving of Kefir and went to the dinner where I ate a breaded walleye, some of Holly’s breaded chicken…all without stomach incident.  The recovery continues…

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment