Thursday, December 13, 2012

Have the Indians finally made a good trade?

Tuesday, December 11, 2012
I do not apologize for being a baseball fan.  I’ve been one since childhood when I lived and died with the Boston Red Sox, as many of my friends did growing up in New England.  I came around to the Indians after living in Cleveland for 45 years, suffering until the 90’s and then living the dream with the great teams we fielded for a little more than ten years.

We’ve returned to the bad, old days again, I think.  The ownership doesn’t seem to have a firm grasp on the rudder and like my sea kayak in a strong wind, they’re getting pushed around and not sure where they’ll end up.  Shin Soo Choo became the latest talented player to be traded for prospects.  We’ve been down this road several times before and have come up holding a whole lot less than we had.  This time, we seem to have a great, young pitcher, picked third in the draft in 2011, but since great, young pitchers are so hard to come by, why did the Arizona Diamondbacks let him go?  Time will tell.

I put in an hour on the trainer before having a huge bowl of Holly’s chili.  She’s still out of town, but left Jack and I with plenty of meal choices.  I’ve got enough chili to last me the rest of the week and with the way it hits my digestive system, I suppose it’s a good thing Holly is out of town.  I’m still using Kefir and my stomach is again 100%. 

Bike Duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment