Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Half a loaf...

Monday, March 3, 2014
I had very good intentions…again.  I was planning on doing the Survival Workout at the YMCA and then going home to spend some time on the trainer.  A tough double.  Well, it began as intended.  I made my way around the Y using railings to do push-ups and dips, three flights of stairs to work in some cardio, a 25-lap to the mile track, dumbbells and free weights, and other miscellaneous things to complete my back to basic effort.  It was an excellent workout and I definitely had a ‘pump’ by the conclusion, but not doing it outside in the Metropark left something to be desired.

I’ve made several trips to the park to try and do the workout over the past weeks, but always passed it up.  True, there is a considerable amount of snow on the trails and covering the rocks and logs I like to use, but it’s been more than that.  Somewhere along the way, maybe as far back as Tour Ohio, I lost my drive.  Is it the new job?  Things in my personal life?  Probably a little bit of both, but that is no reason and I know it.  It’s time to get back on that horse that brought me so far from where I’d been back into the fitness world and start riding again.  If I have to do it at the Y for a couple more weeks, then so be it.  No more excuses.
Of course then I got home and decided I’d done enough and started cooking instead of riding.  I did make something quite Paleo, baking a large piece of salmon.  I made some rice too, but that was for Jack. 

It has been a tough winter for any of us who like to do our workouts outside.  Stay the course.  Fight the good fight.  This one’s for the Gipper.  I don’t know…clichés…but I do know I’m human and I also know that no one can do it for me.  At least I did something.

Survival Workout:  60 minutes
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.

Calories burned:  600

No comments:

Post a Comment