Monday, March 31, 2014

Still riding indoors...

Sunday, March 30, 2014
The day started with what I hope will be the final snow shoveling of this winter.  We’ve had blasts in April before, but it would seem that mercy needs to be shown to those of this area who don’t want to shovel snow every other day as part of their workout.

Temperatures were rising rapidly and if wasn’t for all the melt on the road, I could have done an excellent outdoor ride.  It was melting all over the road however, and so I boarded the trainer for a boring, one hour-plus ride made tougher by the beautiful sunshine streaming through my office window.

I spent time in the kitchen after the ride trying to make enough food to keep Jack satisfied for several days.  Since I don’t have an industrial kitchen, this proves difficult.  I made a large batch of my six bean soup/chili, a rice/chicken combination that claimed to be 12 servings, a batch of apple sauce and two pounds of baked salmon.  I suspect it will all be gone tomorrow, but at least I’m trying.

Bike duration: One hour.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories Burned: 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment