Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Low back flair-up...

Monday, 3/24/2014
I drove towards the North Chagrin Reservation planning to do the Survival Workout.  As I drove though, a pain in my low back began to grow and expand.  I found myself shifting around in my seat trying to find a comfortable position, but to no avail.  By the time I arrived at the park, the pain was excruciating and I could hardly get out of the car.  I stood, tried to stretch, and thought about running…or not.  Not won.

I don’t know where it came from and by the end of the evening, it was gone.  I get them now and again…maybe once every six months though they tend to last longer once they set in.  I suspect that all the unusual work performed on the boat over the weekend; I'd gotten into several tight spots and had lifted many heavy items from off-balance positions, could have been the culprit.  My routine includes a good deal of core strengthening, which is preventive, but certainly not a guarantee.  I do need to include a little more low back work and I know how to do that with my rocks and the right movement.  I’m looking forward to a complete thaw when all my logs and rocks will again be available to me, though the forecast says that day is still a ways off.  We’re looking at another snow storm tomorrow with extremely cold temperatures through Thursday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment