Monday, March 31, 2014

Lot's of yard work and another killer snow...

Saturday, March 29, 2014
Nathan and I elected to give the boat project a weekend off while he made sure we wouldn’t have any issues with the marina regarding past due monies owed by the previous owner of the boat.  I’d learned some disturbing things regarding maritime liens and how the boat itself held responsibility for satisfying the debts its owners had not paid.  This could be a sticky wicket for us somewhere down the road when the marina approached us as the current boat owners in an effort to collect what they were owed from the boat.  Not good, but hoping that she will see reason and accept the fact that what she’s looking to get may be uncollectable and that we are willing to paying her a year of docking fees up front.

I was hoping to work at Mimi’s and knock out some of the early spring yard clean-up, but the forecast was threatening.  I arrived there early and decided to work until it got nasty.  I was chopping overgrowth and digging up wild thorn bushes on the property separating her from her neighbors for over five hours when the rain finally began to fall.  After dragging the huge piles I’d made across the street to our natural dump area, I was feeling the exertion of the non-stop effort.  By the time I’d put away all the tools I’d been using and climbed into the car to drive to Dan’s, I realized just how tired I was and grateful to be sitting.

I didn’t get home until after five and gave only a passing thought to doing some kind of workout.  I’d already kicked my own ass and with a forecast of 4-6 inches of snow for some time during the next few hours, I thought I’d save myself.

When it did start falling, it was relentless.  Since the temperature was near freezing, the snow was wet and heavy.  In fact, it was the most difficult to move of the entire winter and when I reached the bottom of the driveway 40 minutes later, was rather discouraged to see at least an inch at the top.  I went in and waited until bedtime before returning for a second push.  It proved to be as heavy and difficult as the first and I found myself crawling up the stairs to bed when the day was finally over.

So, no…no formal workout, but I’m pretty sure I burned more calories than I would have in a 1-hour ride on the trainer.  No matter.  I still have some guilt from blowing it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment