Friday, March 7, 2014

Riding on chili and Dorito's...

Thursday, March 6, 2014
The temperature was rising and the snow on the trails was melting.  It should have been a good, but sloppy, day to run.  I considered it as I drove towards home, but considered that I hadn’t been doing much running over the winter months and had gone 40 minutes only two days earlier.  I know myself well enough to know that an injury to my calf was lurking if I pushed it too hard.  I did something I seldom do – I used common sense and drove home for a ride instead of running.

I’d started the morning with a smoothie and then had a couple of apples later.  By the time I got home, I was really hungry…and that’s not good.  I went to the refrigerator and pulled out some chili, heated it up and ate a bowl with Dorito’s as a side.  I should have ridden, but there it is.

After digesting that lovely meal, I waited a couple of hours before managing to climb aboard the trainer.  My motivation was low and I know I would have blown it off if not for the simple fact that I am again writing the blog and needed to tell whomever that I did something.  I managed to watch a single episode of ‘The West Wing’ before calling it an evening.  My streak of consecutive workout days continues; I did something.

Tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer and although I have to travel to Akron to see Heidi’s art show, I should be able to fit in a run and some time on the trainer.  I have good intentions.  We’ll see how it pans out.

Bike workout:  45 minutes. 
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  625.

No comments:

Post a Comment