Saturday, March 15, 2014

Trails are a mess...

Friday, March 14, 2014
I landed at the Park on the way home with every intention of doing the Survival Workout, but when I arrived and did a short excursion down the bridle trail, decided that without waiters, I would not be doing it.  Instead, I made myself run the roads again. 

I hate running on the pavement.  There was a time when I put all my miles on the roads, but since figuring out how much better trail running is, I almost never go there.  But it was run the roads or go home for a ride on the trainer.  The roads were definitely too full of snow melt for me to ride, but okay for running.  I parked the car and began the trudge up Rogers Road Hill.  I’d run this same hill several days ago and was pleasantly surprised at how much easier it seemed on my second trip up.  It was still boring, though, and I’m looking forward to the complete melt and a return to the trails.

I ran reasonably hard for forty minutes and returned to the car dripping with sweat.  I toweled off and drove to Heinen’s to get ingredients to make Jack and me Chicken Alfredo for dinner…again.  I could make that nightly and he’d be happy, though we’d both gain fifty pounds from all the fat in the sauce.  During dinner, I received a text from my nephew, Nathan, telling me he could get the title to my father’s old 1968 Chris Craft tomorrow and we could go and begin cleaning it out.  I’m thinking it could take the better part of the day and may not leave much time for a workout, but it is something I am truly looking forward to doing.

Run duration:  40 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  140 bpm.

Calories burned:  700.

No comments:

Post a Comment