Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The streak is broken...

Tuesday, March 11, 2014
After 12 consecutive days of workouts, something finally got in the way that couldn’t be helped.

Heidi called to let me know she was coming home for the evening and I knew I needed to make a dinner.  I asked her what she’d like and Amish casserole was mentioned. 

“I really don’t like Amish casserole,” Jack said.

“Well…I’m the guest and I’m special and dad’s going to make what I want,” Heidi replied.

Jack likes my Chicken Alfredo Fettuccini, so I drove to Heinen’s on the way home and bought the ingredients to make both.  I thought I’d ride the bike after dinner, so everything would work out okay.

And it would have if I’d remembered that Reza, a runner I’d coached several years earlier while he was in high school, hadn’t been stopping over for visit.  We talked until ten and then Heidi and I put ‘Dances with Wolves’ on and began watching.  She’d never seen the movie and was captivated.  I’ve seen it ten times, but it’s my favorite and I never tire of the story.  We didn’t finish it since I needed to get to bed for an early drive to Warren through what could be the winter’s last storm, but planned to do so sometime soon.

So…no workout and maybe a few too many calories.  It’s okay, though.  There is a difference between the me that was simply blowing workouts off and this situation.  I’ll be back at it tomorrow without a doubt and maybe pull a double.  Before the day is over, I’ll likely have a load of snow to push, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment