Sunday, April 15, 2012

Killer smoothies...

Friday, April 13, 2012

A scheduled day off!  I’ve missed some days since I began writing this blog over two years ago, but they’re normally because I’ve injured myself or just talked myself out of doing something at the last second.  I seldom plan to take a day off…I should…but on this Friday, I did. 

We were meeting Craig and Kay for a dinner at Fisher’s Tavern in Mayfield Village, but they stopped at our place first.  Holly does some work for Craig and when he took a large, rectangular box from his car and brought it into the kitchen saying if was full of files for Holly, I should have bought it…but I didn’t.

“That is one weird shaped box to hold files,” I said as I opened up the top.  I had to see how these files were inside since I’d likely be the one carrying it upstairs to her office.

Only it wasn’t files.  It was my new IMac 24” computer.  Holly had purchased it from Craig…he was upgrading…and I was the beneficiary. 

“Happy birthday,” Holly said.

I really shouldn’t be so nosey.  Craig set it all up and we headed out to dinner.  I noticed the Pork Chops on the special and stopped looking at the menu at that point.  I almost always order Pork Chops out since it isn’t something we have often at home.  I had green beans and cold slaw for sides and stayed away from the bread.  When the waitress asked about dessert, I told Craig and Kay that I’d make my special smoothie for them back at the house.  Craig is trying to trim a few pounds, so I knew he was avoiding desserts and I had explained how, with my constant battle with a sweet tooth...the smoothie had come to the rescue.

“You’re going to love my smoothie,” I assured him confidentially.

Kay studied everything I put in the blender.  Apparently Craig cannot handle such sophisticated kitchen equipment…at least if it means remembering a recipe.  I made it with bananas, clementines, frozen mixed fruit which included mangoes, grapes, strawberries and peaches, some vanilla yogurt, a couple of ice cubes and, of course, apple cider.  They loved them…but why wouldn’t they?  I make the best damned smoothie in…like…the WORLD.

And the computer rocks.  Nice job Holly and Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment