Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ride inside...


Thursday, April 26, 2012
I drove to the park after work undecided about what I would do.  It was a Survival Workout day, but I figured I needed to do more than just that and thought I’d add a run.  I exited the car and began to change.  It was cold and wet and a slight misty rain was falling…and I was having none of it.  I suppose I’m getting spoiled.  A year ago, there was seldom a stretch of two days when I wouldn’t be getting wet during a workout.  Not so this spring…it’s almost always sunny and dry…and I like it.  My brain started saying ‘don’t work is this cold, wet crap’ and my body was listening.  Still…I was there and the rugby field was in front of me and likely holding some errant golf balls.  I went out in the wet grass and found a few before heading home without doing a thing.

Guilt ate at me for an hour or so before finally getting me on the trainer once again.  I looked through Netflix for something inspirational and settled on a movie about a young, troubled teen that had his life changed by taking a solo trip down a river in a canoe while saving a kidnapped teen and corralling two very bad guys.  I discovered that even if a movie included canoeing and camping did not automatically mean it was good enough to maintain my interest for a 91-minute ride on a trainer.  I mean for God’s sake, the guy had a cotton sleeping bag in an open canoe and not in a protective, water-proof bag of any sort.  Even after flipping it two or three times, his bag was still dry and usable at the day’s end.   Problematic, at best…ludicrous in reality.  I should have just braved the rain and done the workout in the woods.

Bike Duration:  91 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1300.

No comments:

Post a Comment