Monday, April 23, 2012

Two days of stomach pain...


Thursday and Friday, April 19 & 20, 2012

The stomach churning and pain continued throughout the day.  I was never nauseous, but my stomach continued to feel like I’d done an incredibly hard abdominal workout…sore to the touch and painful.  By the end of the work day, I was sick of feeling sick and went home to lie down thinking that maybe I’d get some bike time in if things cleared.  They never did.

Friday was more of the same.  I’d feel good for a time, but the pain would return without warning.  I wiser man would have seen a doctor, but I didn’t really have one to see about a stomach ache.  Besides…hadn’t I been treating myself successfully for years?  I could handle this one, too.  What I couldn’t handle was missing workouts.  I’m a junkie and there is no satisfaction in forced days off.  While my stomach hurt, there was no thought that riding a bike would have been a good idea, but between that feeling I wished I was doing something.  I have work to do for Mimi tomorrow and that will surely get the poisons from my body and I’ll follow it with something.

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the pain you had right now because I experienced back pain for almost a week and I really hate it much.

    ReplyDelete