Monday, April 30, 2012

The Photo Shoot...

Friday, April 27, 2012

I started the day by joining Holly for her morning hike.  We went 45 minutes and though it will never count as a workout for me, it’s nice to burn extra calories at a time I might otherwise be in bed.

I returned after work for the Survival Workout and managed a new reverse plank push-up pr of 71 reps.  The rest of the workout was uneventful and I needed to have it done in time to meet the photography team at for Ohio Sport and Fitness at Squires Castle.  I was the subject of a photo shoot for the cover and feature story of the June/July issue and I wanted to make sure I was nicely pumped for the pictures.  I had my kayak, bike and backpack in the Jeep to include in the shoot since the story was about the triathlon I was planning for next summer that would include all three disciplines…and more.  I told them about the ridge above the sled riding hill just down River Road and overlooking the Chagrin River.  They liked the idea and loved the spot when we arrived there.  I had to drag my 70-pound kayak up the hill, which I decided could make an nice addition to the Survival Workout.

They took about 250 pictures of me sitting on the kayak, standing and holding the bike and my hiking stick while wearing the backpack and shots of me running on the trails, as well.  The triathlon will include a 55-mile kayak across Lake Erie, a 1,000 mile bike ride around the state camping along the way, and a 110 mile hike/run of the Ohio/Erie Canal.  It will easily be the biggest challenge of my life. I’m writing the article now and will post some of my thoughts in the blog as I move through it to give further insight into my reasoning for the event.  It may sound outrageous when taken as a whole, but my intention is to demonstrate that anyone…at any age…can handle almost anything they set out to do with the right kind of training.

Hike duration: 45 minutes.  Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  75 hiking and 100-150 for SW.
Calories burned during workout:  175 hiking and 600 for SW.

No comments:

Post a Comment