Monday, May 20, 2013

A cool ride...

Monday, May 13, 2013
It was cool; probably mid-forties with a strong wind blowing.  If it had been February, I’d have been thrilled about riding outside, but it was May and I was whining instead.  I put on a long-sleeved shirt under my riding jersey, socks, and a head covering under my helmet.  I also grabbed gloves and stuck them in my jersey pouch hoping I wouldn’t need them.  I never did.

I knew I was going to be riding with Nancy on the mountain bike trail the next day and didn’t know whether it would be a good workout since I’d be new to the sport, so I decided I needed a longer ride.  I managed almost three hours and returned to the house with toes numbed by the cold winds and temperatures.  After a warming shower and a smoothie, I drove to Twinsburg to meet John and help him move a washer, drier and some old cabinets from the garage to the house.  It wasn’t hard and burned hardly any calories, but it did give me a chance to utilize some of those Survival Workout muscles.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  2300.

No comments:

Post a Comment