Saturday, May 4, 2013

Riding with Jell-o legs...


Wednesday, May 1, 2013
I’m not so sure I’m in Cleveland right now.  For the past several days, it has been sunny and in the low seventies.  The forecast is for more of the same through the weekend.  I had work to do in the yard since I’d put weed killer down two days ago and was now supposed to cut and edge and stuff, but my bike was calling…and I listened.

My riding has been inconsistent for a month now and I know I have to change that.  The toughest part of Tour Ohio will be the biking and I need major time in the saddle this summer.  Most importantly, I need to ride consistently; week in and week out I need to be on the bike 5-6 days and going at least two hours every time.  I’m hoping to do over 1,000 miles of riding in two weeks and the only way that can happen is if my body is used to the pain and fatigue that comes with eight hours a day of riding.

I tried to ride hard, but my leads had that lethargic feeling the entire way.  I managed to go for a little over two hours, but my speed was down.  That really isn’t an issue except that I don’t like knowing I’m out of shape. 

I did manage to put a couple of hours into the yard after my shower so that got done after all.  I know I need to get out and ride again tomorrow because I want some back-to-back days.  I’ll move the Survival Workout back a day and start to put my focus where it needs to be.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment