Monday, May 13, 2013

Changing eating habits...

Thursday, May 9, 2013
Though my calf had cramped some during the run the previous day, it did not give me any issues afterwards.  I’m really into my riding phase and intend to put the majority of my time into that discipline for the summer.  I know it does wonders for my climbing and, with some running, will have me ready for the 120-mile hike I intend to do as part of Tour Ohio.  Though not ideal; I should put plenty of time on my hiking feet in preparation, I realize time will be limited and that I need to do what will help the most.  Cycling.

I went out for a two-hour ride and felt great the entire time.  I’m getting stronger and can feel it with each ride, which is nice because it makes riding long easier and more pleasurable…as well as offering the option of consuming more hollow calories without a negative effect.  I was disappointed earlier in the day to have received an email from Metroparks Nancy postponing our mountain bike ride until next Tuesday.  I was looking forward to trying something different on the bike, but I’m sure we’ll get it in.

I’m continuing to eat massive amounts of salad for lunch and dinner.  Having it prepared and waiting in the refrigerator makes all the difference in the world for someone as lazy as me when it comes to preparing meals.  I know I’ll see a difference with this dietary routine as summer approaches and making it a habit now is all I’m really trying to accomplish.  I think it takes like 21 days to make that happen.  I’m on day 6, I think.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment