Monday, May 20, 2013

Dinner and a movie...

Friday, May 17, 2013

I headed out on the bike again and did my Waite Hill route.  I haven’t been trying to ride hard lately, just put in time in the saddle and try to enjoy the scenery.  I often times catch myself in a tuck position trying to maximize my speed, but in so doing seeing only the road a few feet in front of my bike.  Not very interesting.  I’m always recommending to those I train that they enjoy the journey, but often find that I disregard this precious advice.  Who cares how fast I cover a 30-mile loop?  Not even me, so why don’t I spend more time upright in the saddle and taking in the sights and sounds?  I’m making an effort to do more of that.

Holly and I were planning an evening picnic at the Lakefront park in Willowick, an old haunt from our 17-plus years of living there, and afterwards, the movie ‘Side Effects’.  As we were getting ready to leave, she commented that she thought it was too cold to sit at the Lake.  I was disappointed, but had to agree.  Then Savannah mentioned she was going out with some friends to Mulligan’s for dinner and to watch the Indians.  She invited us along and we went.

I can’t seem to go out without ordering a juicy, fat hamburger.  This turned out to be no exception.  We watched the Tribe battle to a 3-3 tie before having to leave for the movie.  It turned out to be quite entertaining if you like murder mysteries.  It was even more enjoyable when I discovered that the Indians had won the game with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the tenth from the bat of Jason Kipnis.  The Indians are in first place and playing well.  Maybe this is the summer.  Get ready, Donnie.  We’re going to the World Series if they get there.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment