Monday, May 13, 2013

Not much of a run...

Wednesday, May 8. 2013
I would have liked to back up my long ride with another day on the bike, but the weather wasn’t cooperating so I elected to do a run and test the left calf, instead.  I picked a short course and was absolutely determined to do no more than twenty minutes.  I hadn’t run since hurting my calf 10 days earlier and didn’t want to risk re-injury. 

The first 15 minutes went well, but I felt a twinge and stopped immediately at that point.  I was already on my way back to the car when it happened, so I just walked quickly to see if it would work itself out.  After five minutes of walking, it seemed to feel pretty good, so I slow-jogged it the next five minutes back to the car.

Yes…I ran 20 minutes.  No…I hardly broke a sweat and no…I didn’t really feel like I’d done a workout.  I could have put in some time on the trainer, but I find it so difficult to motivate myself to ride indoors once the weather has broken for the season.  In the end, I satisfied myself with an easy day.

Run duration:  20 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  130 bpm.
Calories burned:  300.

No comments:

Post a Comment