Monday, May 20, 2013

Colonoscopy time...

Wednesday, May 15, 2013
I know when I’ve done something unusual and physically taxing by my next-day soreness.  Mountain biking qualified.  I could feel it in my legs differently than road cycling.  My quads and hips were sore in unusual ways, which may have been partially because I was not clipped to the pedals and couldn’t pull up as I rode.  This would transfer all riding and climbing efforts to the quadriceps.  I was also using my shoulders, core and arms in a fashion I wouldn’t have on a road bike.  In all, the mountain biking was a more complete workout than road cycling could ever be…and I got to be in the woods, as well.  Not a bad deal.

I returned to road biking none the less and put in a little over two hours.  My riding continues to get stronger with consistent riding, which is no big surprise.  I returned home to help Holly in any way I could as she prepared for her next-day colonoscopy.  She was in the throes of cleansing…drinking that nasty stuff that has you pooping your brains out over the course of the evening.  She’d been off solid foods all day and was getting extremely hungry.  She hadn’t appreciated my lunch prank either.  I’d sent her a text saying I was in the neighborhood and could stop by with pizza and a milkshake for lunch.  She’d fallen for it momentarily, then texted back ‘ha, ha.’  I’m such a comedian.  Since all she could do was suck on pop sickles, I elected to have a smoothie for dinner and not eat in front of her.  I’d be going through one of these again in the future and payback can be a bitch.  If it were me, I’d forget.  She won’t.

Bike duration:  Two hours and 5 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1750.

No comments:

Post a Comment