Monday, May 20, 2013

Yard work, rugby and prom...


Saturday, May 18, 2013

As I began the day, I couldn’t see any way I’d fit in a workout, so I figured I’d better break a good sweat working at Mimi’s.  I did.  I spent about five hours washing deck furniture, sawing limbs off trees, digging unwanted weeds from the gardens, and hauling debris back to the woods.  It wasn’t like riding a bike for two hours, but it would probably have to do.

I drove to Jason’s rugby match where his eastside Green Horde won the Cleveland Cup by beating the Westside Rovers.  It was an exciting match made more interesting by the fact that I’m finally starting to understand the game.  He had some jarring tackles and not a few scrapes and bruises by game’s end.  Then there was the excitement of the 'zooloo' at the end when a member of the losing team 'streaks' through the goal posts and around the field.  Rugby players...gotta love them.

I headed home quickly to take pictures of Jack and his prom date.  Holly’s dad had stopped over to see Jack all dolled up and stayed for dinner, which became pizza and milkshakes…again.  I could have gone with a smoothie instead, but I didn’t want to be anti-social.  Add that to the huge sub sandwich Mimi had provided for lunch and I had easily eaten more calories than I’d burned for the day.  I could have done something after dinner, but encouraged Holly’s dad to stick around and watch ‘Gran Torino’ with Clint instead of going home to an empty house.  There’s tomorrow for a long ride and I’ll do one and burn all those fatty calories consumed today. 

Yard work duration:  Five hours.
Training Heart Rate:  75 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment