Monday, May 20, 2013

Some people just shouldn't be allowed in my park...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

“So…you’re the guy,” the nurse said as I sat down with Holly in the operating room prior to her colonoscopy.  She was at a computer and typing in some data.

“We heard about your prank with the pizza yesterday.  You’ve been listed as an ‘abusive’ spouse in our computer,” she said.

I didn’t think that was such a good thing.  I’d be returning here to have mine done in the next couple of years and maybe they’d try to get even.  I’d be asleep and they’d be doing things to me over which I’d have no control.  Not a good situation.

“Yeah…um…maybe that wasn’t the best idea,” I said.  “She laughed about it, though…didn’t you Holly?”

But she glared.  And the nurse glared.  I was still in trouble.

It went well though she felt miserable for the rest of the day.  I took her home and let her sleep it off while I tinkered around the house.  When Savannah called to see if I could meet her for a Survival Workout, I checked with my patient to see if she needed me.

“I’m just going to sleep some more.  Go ahead and work out.  I’m good,” she said…so I did.

We had a good workout with me hitting 23 stations.  One of my lifting rocks had been thrown in a nearby stream by a protagonist that likes to disrupt my workout stations.  I don’t quite get the people who come through the park simply to be destructive.  I pick up their trash, question why they smash holes in the floor of the abandoned cabins and wonder what thrill they can possibly get from tipping over a port-a-potty.  How I wish they’d stay home or that I could catch them in the act and kick their silly asses.  Corporal punishment would not be wasted or over-rated in their cases.

Savannah was a little behind in upper body strength since she’d not been doing much the past semester.  She couldn’t climb the swing set pole at all, but she’s a gamer and worked hard at the things she could do.  She’s also persistent and will join me regularly throughout the summer.  I’m guessing she’ll join me on her new bike, as well.  Truly a chip of the old block.

It was a horrible eating day.  I made Holly pudding after the colonoscopy, which I ate with my grilled cheese sandwich.  For dinner, I grabbed a Jet’s pizza and we washed it down with my tremendous chocolate shakes.  I see a hunger strike somewhere in my near future…

Survival Workout:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  100-150 bpm.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment