Tuesday, December 15, 2015

An Adirondack Party...

Saturday, December 12, 2015
Whether from what I’d eaten the night before or maybe because I had a slight cold coming on, I slept poorly and was up after only three hours in the rack.  I spent some time in the bathroom before taking Dakota for a walk and then trying to eat some cereal with Almond Breeze.  I have not missed milk in the least since starting to drink the vanilla Almond Breeze.  It’s kind of sweet and almost like dessert for me, which is good since I’m taking ice cream out of the equation.

I ended up walking about three miles, which would prove to be the extent of my workout for the day.  I continued to feel lousy throughout and other than a little shopping, did nothing of note with the possible exception of talking to John and coming up with a plan for a party.

“I’m going to be leaving this place soon and I want to have a party or two here before I do,” I said.  “Don’t want to do it around the holidays, though, because everyone’s got plans.”

Then a plan formulated in my brain.  “How about I do a party for everyone who’s been to the Adirondacks?  We could talk about camping, and buying camping stuff, and eating camping food and looking at camping pictures, and telling lies about things we’ve climbed and animals we’ve subdued…” I said.

“Hey…and we could get ‘The Grizzly Man’ and watch that crazy bastard while we’re doing all that other stuff,” John added.

It was a plan and only needed a date.  I started with a call to Kim who screwed things up by being busy the two weekends I was considering.  “I can’t do it without you, so I’ll figure out some other possibilities,” I said.

Wow.  Now doesn’t that sound like a great party?  Maybe I should have everyone bring sleeping bags with them and I’ll build a fire in the fire pit so we can sleep under the stars in the winter and freeze our butts off.  I’ll keep you posted on the date.
Hike duration: 90 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 75 bpm.
Calories Burned: 525.

No comments:

Post a Comment