Thursday, December 10, 2015

Beans, beans, the musical fruit...

Tuesday, December 8, 2015
I continued to follow my boring diet, though Kathy had provided some wonderful vegetarian chili for me the night before and combined with the amazing chili experience from Terry’s dinner party, I was in a bean and gas-passing mood.

I stopped at a side job and painted for three hours before going to Heinens for my six-bean chili/soup thing that I make.  I like lentils, black beans, kidney beans, chili beans, navy beans and, well, any kind of bean.  I bought the cans, grabbed three pounds of ground meat and headed for home.

I diced onions, mushrooms, spinach and fresh garlic and sautéed it all.  After browning the meat and spicing it up, I dumped it all into a pan with the beans, tomatoes and two cups of chicken broth.  It was a large soup pan, but it was to the lid.  After boiling it for ten minutes, I simmered for another twenty and it was ready.  Scooping a large quantity into a bowl and grabbing a glass of Almond Breeze, I was ready for an episode of ‘The West Wing’.

So…I ate lots more beans.  I live alone and that is a good thing when you consider that I’ve likely eaten a couple of pounds of beans since last Saturday.  I did not find the time to do a workout, though it was an extremely active day for twelve hours and, according to the health application on my Iphone, I still managed over 10,000 steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment