Monday, December 21, 2015

Digging holes...

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Let’s just say I skipped Friday because outside of some shopping and a reasonably active day at the farm, I didn’t do anything worth reporting in an exercise blog.  My shopping was done alone and out of Christmas necessity and though I did enjoy it at some level, I don’t think I’ve achieved the Nirvana that my cousin reaches when he’s out with his wife, Vicki, on similar excursions.  Maybe someday…

I was in Kleifelds before eight and being introduced to the new waitress, Sonia, by Andrea as she poured my coffee.  She’s a very pleasant lady, but if you don’t have your hand over your coffee cup at all times…and mean ALL times, she WILL find a way to refill it.  Personally, I like my cup to be at least three quarters empty before refilling.  Otherwise, the sugar is diluted to the point that I can’t rightly figure how many packets to add to get it back to the appropriate sweetness, which is something that keeps me awake nights searching for the right formula.  Anyways…keep your hand over the cup.

Neither Cecilia nor Bob could join me, so I left for the farm to meet our plumber.  We would be jackhammering through the Tack Room floor to tie a new 3-inch drain line from our new industrial washer to the existing drainage system.  He arrived 90 minutes late with the typical excuse.

“That damned truck is really frustrating me,” Chris said.

“You’re running an hour and a half late the weekend before Christmas is really frustrating me,” I said.

“Yeah…umm…sorry about that,” he said as we hooked up the jackhammer and began pounding out the floor.  Several hours later we had about twenty tons of gravel parked on the floor outside of a hole that reached down into the bowels of the earth. 

“There’s the tie-in, John, but I’ve got to stop now.  I’ve had four emergency heating calls in the last hour (it had snowed and he’s an HVAC man, as well) that I need to take care of.  We’ll get on this first thing Monday morning,” he said.

“Define ‘first thing Monday morning’ for me if you could,” I said.

“Oh…eight o’clock for sure,” he said seriously.  I knew better.

I went to the park for a short hike, stopped at BJ’s to pick up some salmon and then headed home for the evening.  I had Copper and Dakota waiting on me and knew it would be another night tucked away at home.  I decided that I needed a fire to accompany my dinner and a Netflix movie and with the dogs curled up on the floor, did just that.  Sometimes nothing to do on a weekend night can really be a good thing.
Hike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 75 bpm.
Calories Burned: 350

No comments:

Post a Comment