Monday, December 28, 2015

Shopping or shopping Sherpa...

Monday, December 21, 2015
I have been giving cousin Donnie a hard time regarding shopping over several blogs and it’s only because I can.  He is a good target and makes for excellent fodder for my imaginative writing style…so I will continue in that vain. 
I went to do some shopping with Holly for the kids and reached the following conclusion on the subject.  If you are only pushing a cart and not really part of the decision making process, you are simply a shopping Sherpa.  If, on the other hand, you are weighing in on decisions about colors or softness or how things might look together, you are either a girl or a man soon to be losing your ‘man card’. 

We took a hay delivery at the farm, but it was only about 225 bales.  I stacked and carried and really got a workout.  It was cooler, but the sweat was flowing freely before we finished.  I’m so happy for hay deliveries because of both the light, intellectual conversation and banter between me, Steve and Eli – the two guys making the delivery, and the fact that I get paid for a good lifting workout.  The boys are always interested in my dating life, sure that I’m fulfilling their sexual fantasies and dating many gorgeous women simultaneously.  I don’t want to burst their bubble, so I play along.  They think I’m the hot, city slicker to their farm boy, aw shucks persona.  I let them have it their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment