Friday, December 18, 2015

Happy birthday, Hemi...

Thursday, December 17, 2015
It was my cousin Donnie’s birthday and when I saw his name pop up on my phone at the end of the day, I was pretty sure he was calling me to thank me for the nice things I’d written about his shopping fetish. 

“You son of a bitch!  Perfect!  Now everyone thinks I LIKE to shop!” he said.

“Well, Donnie, it’s what you’re always telling me you like to do,” I said, nonplussed.

“I said I hate that shit and only do it because I have to,” he said.

And then I reminded him…because he forgets a lot…that something changed.  “You’re sixty now Donnie, and, speaking from experience, you’ll start to forget things you’ve said all the time.  And yes…you like to shop and talk about it and that’s why I wrote about it.  I can…you can’t…and that’s all.”

At least that’s settled.  I did receive a text from him later in the evening saying that the stores were closing and he was heading home to try and catch the end of the CAVS game and to watch LBJ in action.

I did manage a short hike following the completion of a painting job I was doing.  Dark settles in shortly after the sun comes up this time of year, so there is little opportunity to do exercise in the park or on the bike.  The shortest day (well…actually they’re all 24 hours long) is just around the corner thankfully and so by mid-March I may be able to have enough light to ride outside after work!  I suppose I don’t mind the trainer too awfully much, though my company, such as it is, must really like my bike set up in the middle of the family room with old sweat towels hanging all over it.  I suppose it will have to move when I bring the Christmas tree in, though I could just put a string of lights on it and leave it.  That’s a decision for another day.

Hike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 75 bpm.
Calories Burned: 350

No comments:

Post a Comment