Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall colors make for great hiking and running...

Monday, October 22, 2012

Lance Armstrong’s seven Tour de France titles he earned from 1999 through 2005 were officially stripped today.  Apparently it has been decided not to award the titles to anyone, probably because they cannot figure out if anyone was clean during those years.  It is a sad state of affairs and I can only continue to hope that Lance’s word is good and really wasn’t cheating.  We can only find out for sure that he did...by his admitting so, but will never know otherwise as there is no hard evidence to prove it...only hard evidence substantiating his claim that he did not.

I went for a run on two sore feet.  They’re always sore now and I choose to ignore them.  It was in the seventies and with a high humidity; I was as drenched as I’ve ever been on a run.  My body had forgotten what heat and humidity feels like I suppose, since we seemed to go from the crazy heat of the summer in the nineties, right into the fifties.  I’m not complaining, mind you, just observing.

Holly joined me for a hike after the run and we managed 45 minutes before dark set in.  The trails are completely covered with over half the leaves having fallen, yet those that remain on the trees still made it a spectacular hike.  How I wish we could keep the fall foliage throughout the fall.  For me, there is no close second to being in the woods during this season.

Run Duration:  35 minutes.  Hike duration: 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm running and 75 hiking.
Calories burned during workout: 600 running and 200 hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment