Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tri-C says "we screwed up"

Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Finally…someone willing to admit they made a mistake.  Cuyahoga Community College admitted they were wrong for firing Maria Graciani for a crime she committed 16 years earlier.  She met with the college’s administration, but declined their offer of a job.  She accepted the apology of the president of the Metro campus, Michael Schoop, but felt the need to move on.  She expressed concerns for all ex-offenders who are affected by such policies and it would appear that Cleveland City Council will be taking a hard look at other colleges and public institutions to review their hiring policies in this regard.  Maria may have lost her job, but much good may come of this unfortunate incident.

I surprised myself by doing 82 reverse plank push-ups at the beginning of my Survival Workout.  As I passed 70, I was thinking 100 was not out of the question, but when I hit 80 and needed only 2 to eclipse my previous best, I knew even that would be a struggle.  It was…but I managed to keep myself from putting my nose in the mud pooling in front of me as I strained with the final rep.  I managed 65 on my second set, another pr, and realized once again that sometimes rest is the best antidote for a stale routine or a plateau in lifting.  I haven’t been doing the workout with any regularity since returning from the Adirondacks, but the rest has not hurt my performance.  Maybe in the coming weeks, I’ll finally reach 100.

Holly made a terrific tuna noodle casserole, but for the sixth consecutive day, my stomach was upset.  Not bad enough to skip a meal, but definitely not right.  As I look through old notes, I’ve noticed that this is the third time I’ve dealt with an upset stomach for longer than a week.  I know it will go away again, but would like to find the root cause.  I’m thinking of eating nothing but raw fruit tomorrow to give my gut a break from anything fatty.  We’ll see how that goes.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment