Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's prison time, Frank Russo...

Thursday, October 25, 2012
Frank Russo, the politician...Frank Russo, the criminal…Frank Russo, the rat. 

Convicted of 21-corruption related crimes and sentenced to 22 years in a Federal prison, former Cuyahoga County Auditor, Frank Russo, elected to turn on his old buddies in crime, particularly Jimmy Dimora, and assist the Federal prosecutors in gaining convictions on many of them.  He didn’t do this because he felt bad about stealing $2 million from the taxpayers of Cuyahoga County, though he should have.  He did it because he was offered a deal.  Confess your own guilt and rat out your fellow criminals and you’ll spend less time in prison was the message he heard…and he complied.

So now it’s time for him for him to view the inside of a jail cell and his lawyers are arguing for a reduced sentence because of what a good guy he’s been in helping convict Dimora and others.  Personally, I think it’s a crock of shit.  His abuses of power were so egregious that no amount of ratting should spare him any time behind bars.  He should spent every possible minute there to consider the evil of his ways and to send a message to all those who might consider his method of serving his constituents a blueprint for their own actions when serving the public.  Sorry, but I have no sympathy for a guy who steals from the poor to make himself rich.  You did the crimes...now do the time...without whining.

I dropped the Honda off at Dan’s for some routine maintenance.  Normally, the ride from Chardon, which is more down than up, would be an easier ride.  Not this night, though.  There was an extremely strong wind blowing from, well; whatever direction I turned my bike forcing me to shift one to two gears lower to maintain any kind of speed.  It gets annoying after awhile, so I tried to remind myself that I wanted a workout and thanks to the wind, I was getting a particularly difficult one.  When I finally rolled into my driveway two hours later, I was exhausted but pleased.  I’d certainly earned my extra large smoothie...something Frank shouldn’t be enjoying where he’s going.

Bike Duration: Two hours.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1,700.

No comments:

Post a Comment