Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Killer Survival Workout...

Friday, October 12, 2012
I went to the park with the intention of doing a full Survival Workout, something I have not done in a number of weeks.  My gout was almost entirely cleared up, the ache in my heel was manageable and I’d come to the conclusion that my elbow will hurt regardless, so time to push things.

I began with my usual...inverted plank push-ups and was thrilled when I hit 86, 4 better than my previous best.  I followed that with 60 dips and was feeling strong as I headed down the muddy bridle trail.  I saw a downed tree just inside the tree line and went to it and did lateral hops over it for sixty seconds.  I reached my favorite uphill and did a series of four karaoke’s to the summit before moving to my next station of push-ups and dips. 

It turned out to be one of the better workouts I’ve ever done in the woods and very encouraging for a flagging spirit.  I’m entering that time of year for which focus can become an issue.  I’ve nothing specific to train for other than to stay in shape...and write my blog.  Mostly, it’s enough, but there are days when I’d much rather go home, grab a book and a bowl of ice cream and vegetate.  With the recent flare of different, more severe aches and pains, that feeling is harder to fight.  Having a good workout like this one makes me want to return and maybe over the next several weeks, crack 100 on the incline plank push-ups.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment