Monday, October 8, 2012

Stomach pain...

Thursday, October 4, 2012
I woke up early and realized that I didn’t have any pain...anywhere.  I went off to work in a happy frame of mind, planning a long ride for the evening.  By the afternoon, I received a text from my sister who, knowing Holly was out of town and that I was likely wasting away, invited me for dinner.  I was happy to go, but that would eliminate any long ride.  I opted for a run, instead.

I’d done 25 minutes a couple of days ago and my feet were pain-free.  I decided I’d push it out to 40 minutes and see what happened.  It seemed to go well with little or no pain from the achilles.  The gout toe was back to normal, as well.  It was perfect running weather with a cool fall breeze rustling the leaves already down on the trail.  I had to take particular caution as these same leaves covered the rocks and roots that had often tripped me up and sent me sprawling. 

I managed to complete 43 minutes of trip-free running and returned to my car feeling like I could have doubled the distance.  It was a very good feeling considering all the maladies I’d suffered recently and I headed to my sister’s for dinner thinking maybe I was getting better.

She pulled about 8 different food items from her fridge.  She’d been entertaining all week and had left-over pizza, fish, chicken, sweet potatoes, salads and more.  I loaded a plate and slipped it into the microwave and then proceeded to overeat as I often do when the food supply is unlimited. 

I returned home and after an hour of reading, turned in for the night.  By 3 a.m., I was up and feeling nauseous with what seemed to be a small basketball churning in my stomach.  This went on for a couple of hours before I finally made my way to the toilet and threw up some of that wonderful dinner.  I went back to bed, but continued to fight with an upset stomach. 

Run Duration: 43 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 725.

No comments:

Post a Comment