Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fixing what hurts with ice cream...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yesterday’s ride had taken a toll…a good toll, but a toll none the less.  My legs were fatigued when I arrived at the park to a cold, whistling wind and thought about what I wouldn’t be able to do that day.  As I changed, I wimped.  I decided I really didn’t want to put myself through a workout with a chill factor around zero and only able to do upper body work.  That was a formula for freezing my tookus off…something I really don’t like to do.  I climbed back in the car and drove home to the trainer.

Which wasn’t much better.  I pedaled for 75 minutes and could feel spasms shooting through my right thigh as I rode.  It was just tired and so was I, but I sweated and pushed to complete that hour and a quarter that tended to make me feel good about my efforts.  When the stopwatch reached 75 minutes, I thankfully stopped pedaling and slowly swung my leg from the bike. 

At least I had something to look forward to in leftover chili and a huge smoothie.  I downed it all while slumped in front of the TV and then scooped myself a bowl of Breyer’s Vanilla Ice Cream with Bean Specks.  I added some maple syrup to it because it is one of the four basic food groups…and it makes it taste even better...before returning to my perch in front of the TV.  I’d like to say that I was rejuvenated after all that slothing and eating…but I wasn’t.  Tomorrow, maybe I’d go a little easier.  Maybe.

Bike duration:  75 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  1020.

No comments:

Post a Comment